BALLANTYNE TECH DRIVE 2024: January 30
Recycle Your Electronics By Donating To Goodwill/Dell Reconnect At Ballantyne’s Tech Drive
Ballantyne Tech Drive 2024 is happening on Tuesday, January 30th from 10:00 AM till Noon. Recycle/donate your new, used and unneeded electronics to Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont. Donations to the Ballantyne Tech Drive can be taken to the Goodwill van, which will be parked in Brixham Park at 15810 Ballantyne Medical Place.
Goodwill accepts electronic and technology in all conditions and brands, including:
- Desktops, laptops, mouses & keyboards
- iPads, Surfaces, tablets & e-readers
- Monitors, printers & scanners
- Flat screen televisions
- Home audio & theater equipment
- Video games & gaming systems
- iPods, MP3 players & accessories
- Cameras, media cards, video equipment & GPS systems
- Mobile phones & accessories
- External & internal hard drives
- Power cords, chargers & cables
- Ink & toner cartridges
- Children’s educational toys
To find out more about Goodwill’s Electronic donations and recycling programs, click here.
If you’re unable to donate on January 30th at the Ballantyne Tech Drive, note that Goodwill has 35 donation centers in the Charlotte metro area where you can donate your electronics year-round.
Goodwill also now provides on-site hard-drive shredding to ensure data destruction.
4 REASONS TO RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS
Recycling your electronics (E-waste) is good for both the environment and our society. Benefits include:
- Conservation of natural resources. Electronics contain valuable materials like copper, gold, and rare earth elements. Recycling reduces the need for mining new resources, which can be both energy-intensive and environmentally destructive.
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Manufacturing new electronics generates significant greenhouse gas emissions. Recycling existing materials uses less energy and reduces the overall carbon footprint.
- Prevention of pollution. E-waste can contain hazardous materials like lead, mercury, and arsenic which can contaminate soil and water. Recycling ensures these hazardous materials are disposed of safely.
- Reducing landfill waste. E-waste takes up valuable space in landfills. Recycling diverts the waste from landfills which reduces the environmental impact of landfills.
This information about Goodwill’s electronics recycling collection program at the Ballantyne Tech Drive on January 30, 2024 is provided by Nina Hollander with Coldwell Banker Realty, Ballantyne area specialist and neighbor. I’ve been opening doors for Ballantyne and Greater Charlotte home buyers and sellers for 25 years.
FREE Home Buyer Guide: “Things To Consider When Buying A Home”
WONDERING WHAT YOUR BALLANTYNE AREA HOME IS WORTH?
FREE Home Seller Guide: “Things To Consider When Selling Your House,”
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? CHECK OUT THE COLDWELL BANKER MARKETING ADVANTAGE
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Ballantyne area or anywhere in the Greater Charlotte metro area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and how:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”