Get Your Red On For Women Today: February 2, 2024
It’s National Wear Red Day
Help Wipe Out The “Silent Killer” Of Women
Get your red on today on National Wear Red Day, which comes around the first Friday of each February as part of the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women® campaign to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease in women.
Many people think that heart disease primarily affects men. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Heart disease is known as the “SILENT KILLER” of women. What is so frightening about heart disease is that many women experience NO symptoms.
Did you know:
- Cardiovascular disease in the U.S. kills approximately one woman every 80 seconds?
- Heart disease and strokes kill one in three women every year?
- The American Heart Association says nearly 50% of American adults have some form of heart disease?
- Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in women?
- Awareness that heart disease is their leading cause of death declined substantially in the last decade, from 65% of women being aware in 2009 to just 44% being aware in 2019.
Fortunately, since 2004 when National Wear Red Day was introduced, great strides have been made in raising awareness that heart disease and strokes are the number one disease affecting women.
GO RED FOR WOMEN DECLARATION
KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS OF A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE
WHAT IS A SILENT HEART ATTACK?
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT HEART ATTACKS IN WOMEN
Video: What It Means To Go Red
Video: Just A Little Heart Attack
I’ve got my red on today! Go get your red on today and show your support for women and for National Wear Red Day!
This information about National Wear Red Day is provided by Nina Hollander with Coldwell Banker Realty, Greater Charlotte area residential real estate expert and supporter of the Charlotte Chapter of the American Heart Association. I’ve been opening doors for Charlotte region home buyers and sellers since 1999.